Senior R&D Manager – Galway
This is an excellent opportunity to play a key leadership role in a leading Medical Device multinational based in Galway. The successful candidate will own all product development activities within their group and drive success through collaboration with Commercial and Business Development Teams.
- Support technology group in the delivery of demonstration prototypes.
- Delivery of working prototypes to ensure projects hit agreed timelines.
- Delivery of required test units on time and on budget.
- Development of processes to ensure device design passes timely and on budget.
- Ensure a focus on Extraordinary Customer Experience.
- Work closely with our Commercial and Business Development Organizations to support new business initiatives.
- Work alongside other key leaders in the development of innovative solutions or platforms that can help our customers to win in their markets.
- Work with operations team to set clear expectations regarding transferring new products into manufacturing.
- Own and manage functional budget.
- Drive accountability to meet project objectives and milestones.
- Drive innovation and technical problem solving within the portfolio.
- Upskill and develop teams to ensure effective execution of the existing and future portfolio.
- Support employees in reaching their career potential.
- Represent Device Engineering during customer visits and other events.
- BSc. in Engineering. MSc. an advantage.
- Proven expertise in process development.
- Proven experience as a Leader of a large Technical Engineering team.
- International experience and geared toward New Product & Business Development.
- Experience in Strategic Planning, Mergers and Acquisition, Business Development and Customer Partnering.
Focus on building immediate and long-term team success through development.
- Must be authorised to work in Ireland.
Please contact Emer Moore to discuss in confidence