Senior RF Design Engineer with experience in the design & development of antennas – from 100MHz to 6GHz – required by market-leading multinational based in Dublin. Working with an international R&D team, you will gain exposure to cutting-edge technologies, in the design of innovative products for global markets.
- Design and develop antennas mainly from 100MHz to 6GHz
- Create and/or approve antenna specifications
Work with VNA’s, Far Field anechoic chamber, spectrum analyzer and other RF equipment
- Work as a team with Sales, R&D, Management, Production, Mechanical, Noise Control departments
- Solve and support certification issues on wireless devices with customers
- Suggest improved PCB layouts to help customers improve RF performance
- Coordinate projects from initial customer meetings all the way to pilot production runs, including assisting in QC documentation, test standards, etc.
- Level 8 Degree in Electrical Engineering / similar – ideally to MSc level
- 5+ years experience in RF design
- Electromagnetic simulation experience such as CST, HFSS and ADS
- Knowledge in communication standards such as CDMA, GSM/GPRS, UMTS, HSPA, LTE, EDVO, WIFI, GPS, EDGE, 5G, UWB, GNSS and others
- Exposure to Design for manufacture and design for Assembly
- Knowledge of Satellite communications (GNSS) and antenna solutions
- Proven track record of antenna integration
- Ability to use RF test equipment and perform passive and active tests
- Knowledge of different antenna technologies such as Dipoles, Monopoles, Helical, Loop, Yagi, PIFA, etc.
- Ability to design and develop antennas for mmWave application would be a plus
- Be self-motivated, able to work in a team environment
- Open to fast paced work style and results driven
- Willing to travel overseas for periods if necessary
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must already be eligible to work in Ireland
Please contact Emer Smith in confidence