Senior Software Developer with backend coding experience required by global IoT company in Dublin.
The successful professional will be part of the Software team dedicated to work on a cloud platform, having fun in the process! From their headquarters in Dublin, our client offers a clear business goal and purpose environment with freedom to innovate, and a leading role in defining tools and processes instrumental to the success of the cloud platform and the wider R&D department.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or similar.
- 5+ years’ experience in software development, preferably backend, or full stack.
- Experience working with AWS, Azure or GCP and their services.
- Coding experience in Angular, React or Vue (backend) or Go, Node.JS or Python (backend)
- Ability to start in a green field scenario, to fail fast and adapt quickly, with preference to learn MVP development rather than lengthy documentation and spec definition cycles.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and get go attitude.
- Ability to do all of the above facing uncertainties and unexpected problems but still keeping a positive and friendly attitude.
- Team player and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise, organise and manage multiple tasks to a tight deadline.
- Very good command of English language both written and verbal.
- Coding of the backend of the cloud platform and its integration components with on-premise solutions, with an approach based on modularity, scalability, extensibility, resilience and security.
- Define the evolution of the cloud platform influencing the architectural choices and/or by coaching junior developers and taking responsibility for the quality of their delivery.
- Work with the rest of the team in the definition of best practices and standardization of tools to make all activities as lean, repeatable and automated as possible.