Embedded Software Engineer – Clare
Are you a skilled C/C++ programmer keen to develop your career with a growing organisation?
- Design and develop software for embedded devices and systems using C and C++ and FPGAs (VHDL).
- Work with suppliers to select components, provide feedback for new component designs.
- Participate in design and code review process with software engineers.
- Reliability analysis and testing.
- Performance testing and benchmarking.
- Create technical specification documents for both software designs.
- Firmware design for manufacturing test fixtures.
- Design revisions (hardware and firmware) to correct problems and support customer requests.
- Failure analysis of field returns, periodic travel to customer sites.
- Assist with selection and qualification of alternate components to deal with supply chain issues.
- Factory support for manufacturability.
- Assist in the development of technical documentation and specifications.
- Feasibility analysis, concept work to support sales.
- Participate in analyzing and improving the development process and products.
- BSc. or higher in Electronic Electrical Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Software Engineering or a related discipline.
- 5 years’ experience in embedded software design
- Experience in C/C++ programming
- Experience with software design in embedded systems and real-time applications, particularly in embedded C.
- Demonstrate experience in C++ for embedded Linux.
- Experience in using C#.
- Self-motivated problem solver.
- Effectively exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- Global travel may be required.
Please contact Emer Moore to discuss in confidence