Sustainability Manager required to roll out and support new sustainability strategies and act as ‘Subject Matter Expert’ by growing Irish IoT company in Co. Clare.
You will have responsibility for day-to-day management of the implementation of the Strategy, ensuring that all activity is aligned with the Company’s Ambition, Purpose, Culture and Strategic Priorities. In your role, you will be Subject Matter Expert in Sustainability and will act as a trusted Sustainability Adviser to Senior Management and the wider business, utilising your experience to help drive the Sustainability agenda within our client’s business.
Please note that only applicants who are based in Ireland or Mainland Europe and who hold full working rights will be considered for this position.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a Sustainability, Business, Finance or Accounting discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the field of Sustainability.
- Excellent research, analytical and report writing skills.
- Familiar with relevant international frameworks, regulations and standards, e.g. Sustainable Development Goals and ISO standards (i.e, ISO26000 and ISO50001) and how to implement and embed them within an organisation.
- Competent with handling data (organise, clean, sort, analyse, and identify trends and anomalies, etc.).
- Some experience in carbon data management is preferred.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Great communicator who is capable of bringing people together and inspiring strong collaboration within an organisation.
- Great attitude with a passion for sustainability and community programming.
- Commit to strategic thinking on achieving Net Zero and lead the development of a corresponding strategy and timeline for delivery.
- Lead the implementation of the Sustainability Strategy through the introduction of appropriate policies, objectives and governance structures.
- Support the management team in evolving and embedding a comprehensive Sustainability Strategy for the company.
- Drive and manage Carbon Reporting Programmes for setting Science Based Targets (SBTs) under Low Carbon Pledge commitments.
- Act as a Sustainability leader and establish a low carbon commitment culture within the team and wider business, driving engagement for the programme.
- Set and manage KPIs to track and measure progress against Sustainability Strategy objectives, building on existing business KPIs and ensuring alignment to industry best practice.
- Keep up with any changes to (and legislation within) the sustainability landscape in order to support the wider team with effective and impactful reporting.
- Prepare and manage the inputs for the annual Sustainability Report.
- Create and monitor content for our client’s Sustainability Website and social media platforms.
- Lead the development and implementation of a Biodiversity Strategy for the Company.
- Ensure activities meet regulatory requirements, and all internal policies and procedures.
- Establish and lead a Cross Functional Sustainability Training Programme for employees.
Our client offers a modern, dynamic and multicultural work environment as well as great benefits such as Gym, Heavily subsidised restaurant, Pension, Health insurance and free parking.
Please send your CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org