Test & Validation Engineer required by multinational Energy Management technology company in Limerick.
The successful candidate will be working, at least initially, on a state-of-the-art smart highways project incorporating bleeding-edge sensor and communication technologies. The candidate must be capable of understanding complex new systems and concepts even when they have not previously been exposed to the domain. The role will require interaction with senior stakeholders, both business and technical.
This is a hybrid or remote role but candidates must be based in Ireland and available to travel occasionally to work with the project team. (The products you will be working on will be non-portable and need testing and characterisation on site).
- Experience with Linux, especially command line tools and scripting.
- Experience interacting with cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud, for example, logging into remote servers and executing tests.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar test role.
- Transferring data to and from remote infrastructure.
- Ability to write source level unit test code – stub out functions, test parameters, etc.
- Experience with containerisation using Docker a big plus but not mandatory.
- Be able to communicate engineering concepts clearly and concisely.
- Willing and eager to understand smart highways, and related domains.
- Strong logical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Fluent in spoken and written English with good communication skills.
- Ability to work / cross-train in a partial development role an option for suitably qualified candidates if desired.
You will be asked to demonstrate some coding knowledge at interview by completing exercises with the interviewers.
Please do not apply if you do not have any Linux experience or coding ability
Please do not apply if you only have UI testing ability with automated test tools.
- Develop and coordinate activities focused on testing of full stack products and systems right from hardware to cloud.
- Develop and implement a strategy for ensuring test coverage incorporating input from stakeholders, developers, and users.
- Create manual and automated test cases and test data.
- Primarily code based unit tests.
- Analyse test data, write and present formal reports on findings.
- Ensure test coverage and maintenance of existing automation test suites.
- Contribute to test and product enhancements as part of continuous improvement.
- Create and review an assortment of customer-facing documentation.
- Work with a range of stakeholders to ensure that the correct software features are developed and that the correct decisions are made.
- Report product issues, bug analysis and investigate to resolution.
- Rapidly become knowledgeable and be capable of contributing meaningfully to discussions regarding customer requirements.
- Test for vulnerabilities and compliance to relevant security standards such as ISO 27001.
Our client offers great benefits such as: Flexible working conditions – work from home or office or hybrid option, competitive pay scale, regular salary/performance reviews, work with a small team, income Protection & Death in Service Benefits, 23 Days annual leave and more.
Please send your CV in confidence to email@example.com