R&D Engineer with a background in medical devices required by growing multinational in Galway city.
- Design of concepts and prototypes in advance of selecting the most promising solution to take into Design Freeze.
- Use catheter design and simulation tools to optimize next generation product designs.
- Work closely with project Lead and prototype group to develop, build and test next generation product demonstrators.
- Work with both internal and external groups to explore new technologies.
- Implement leading and cutting edge technologies to provide the optimum design solution.
- Liaise with the customer to optimise product design.
- BSc. in Engineering or equivalent.
- 3+ year’s industry experience in a medical product development environment.
- 3 yrs experience of Medical Device design development.
- Demonstrate product design and development experience.
- Experience of compiling FMEA’s and conducting verifications and validations.
- Experience with engineering tools such as DOE and SPC, and ideally Minitab.
- Experience of development of test methods and associated product testing.
- Must be authorised to work in Ireland.
Please contact Emer Moore to discuss in confidence