Senior Mechanical Design Engineer with 5+ years mechanical design experience required for permanent role in Co. Galway.
- 5+ years relevant experience in a design role with a strong emphasis on design for manufacture.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering discipline.
- A very practical, constructive and proven approach to problem solving in both a design and manufacturing environment is essential.
- Good working knowledge of Solidworks (or similar mechanical design software)
- Design of product with electronic content.
- Previous experience in New Product Introduction.
- A good understanding of Design for Manufacture. Particularly to design products for low/medium volume manufacture.
- Communication skills (written and verbal).
- Good Organisational / project management skills.
- A good understanding of mechanical and electromechanical assemblies is essential.
- Some or all of the following would also be an advantage: CNC Machining, Rapid prototyping, thermoforming and other low volume / medium volume manufacturing processes.
- Understanding of motion control.
- An understanding of fluidics is an advantage.
- Some experience with microscopic work.
- Good understanding injection moulding
- Understanding of basic electrical principles.
- Design of state of the art device that meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Development of processes to facilitate the manufacture or secure the supply of the products designed.
- Testing of the products designed to verify that the design outputs meet the design input requirements, and associated record keeping.
- Liaising with customers to verify requirements.
- Liaison with external suppliers and consultants.
- Support of the validation of the manufacturing processes and the transfer of the design to production.
- Compliance with relevant regulatory and quality standards.
- To provide solutions for the development of customer’s products.
- To resolve problems encountered in the production processes.
- Develop and maintain relationships and lines of communication with colleagues and with the customer.
Please contact Emer Moore to discuss in confidence