Reporting to the New Programmes Manager, the Project Engineer will support the new programmes introduction process as well as managing projects from design phase right through to mass production. The Project Engineer will be based in Co. Westmeath and lead & participate in continuous improvement projects.
- Liaising with customers on product design and development
- Selection of key tooling suppliers
- Managing the performance of suppliers to ensure project deadlines are achieved
- Leading project review meetings with customer and key stakeholders
- Reporting on project status, identifying and solving problems that impact on timeline, quality or budget
- Co-ordinating and carrying out pre-production trials at supplier sites and in house as required.
- Carrying out process capability studies to ensure new projects meet required standards of quality, cost and delivery.
- Working cross-functionally with Production, Engineering, Quality and Logistics to ensure that customer expectations in term of quality, cost and delivery are met or exceeded.
- Managing changes to existing products through change control procedures
- Leading and participating in continuous improvement activities across the site such as 5s and other Lean Manufacturing projects
- BS Degree in Engineering or relevant field
- Proven working experience as a Project Engineer
- Excellent knowledge of design and visualisations software such as AutoCAD
- Advanced MS Office skills including MS Project and MS Excel
- Ability to work on a number of projects concurrently
- Project management skills
- Excellent Stakeholder management skills
- Time management and organisation skills
- Decision making ability
Please contact Emer Moore to discuss in confidence