Energy Solutions Engineer required to engage in developing and designing innovative energy efficient solutions for clients in the food & beverage processing sectors. Through examining and modelling customers existing processes and equipment you will identify and implement energy conservation measures to deliver substantial energy saving projects and to help high-profile clients achieve their short and long term goals for carbon reduction. You will be joining a team of world-recognized experts in energy minimization, process improvement, data analysis and modelling.
This role will involve travel to global client sites (20%)
- Minimum Bachelor of Engineering or Science degree in Energy, Mechanical, Process Engineering – or equivalent qualification deemed applicable to the role.
- A number of years proven experience working in a similar energy engineering-related role to include specific experience of leading and undertaking energy audits on large energy consuming sites
- Specific experience in the development and delivery of energy efficiency / savings solutions with a proven track record of savings being achieved and verified
- Excellent Report Writing and Presentation Skill
- An excellent communicator and team player
- Ability to prioritize given tasks
- An inquisitive nature to drill down into details and apply logical reasoning to problems to develop solutions
- Experience working with some of the following: in food & beverage manufacturing sector, with Thermal (Steam & Hot Water), Refrigeration & Cooling, Compressed Air, Industrial Heat Pump Technology and Renewable Technologies
- Requesting, processing and analyzing key site energy and process information in advance of a site audit
- As part of a wider site visit team, playing a prominent role in leading a detailed assessment of the energy, utility and process systems on site
- Work with a wider cross-functional engineering and sales team to develop energy efficiency / savings solutions or Energy Conservation Measures across process, thermal, cooling, compressed air and water systems.
- Work with in-house software development team to build proposals for Energy Monitoring Systems to include new and existing energy meters and integrations with additional site information systems such as SCADA and stand-alone plant controllers.
- Prepare capex estimates for the subsequent energy conservation measures and associated cost benefit analysis to include carbon benefits
- Analyse existing and propose additional EnPIs (Energy Performance Indicators) for a client’s site
- Develop and deliver energy audit presentations summarising the output of the assessment
- Lead and contribute to the next phase of engineering for solutions selected to progress to implementation to include development of Basis of Design Documentation including associated supporting documentation such as PFDs, Major Equipment Lists, Equipment Layout Diagrams, Single Line Diagrams, etc.
- Liaise and build relationships with equipment suppliers and installation contractors to consult at various stages of the project life-cycle
- Contribute to Engineering Detailed Design activities and evaluate and implement designs to ensure that all regional, national and international regulations, standards and codes are being met throughout the project life cycle including generating major equipment specifications, design documentation, contractor scope of works, etc.
- Mentor Junior Solutions Engineers and quality check their output